Who Can Help?

More about your rights and who can help you

To learn more about all your appeal rights:

  • Contact the Medicare Service Center at 1-800-MEDICARE or 1-800-633-4227.
  • Talk to MAXIMUS Federal Services at (585) 348-3200 about appeals that were sent to us. MAXIMUS Federal Services can only give you general information about appeals. MAXIMUS Federal Services cannot discuss your case over the telephone or take "testimony" about your case over the telephone.

If you need help making an appeal, call,

  • Your local Bar Association or legal aid program. If you do not have much money, these offices may be able to help you with your appeal.
  • A private lawyer who will charge you.
  • Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to request the telephone number of your State Health Insurance Assistance Program. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.

For information about the availability of auxiliary aids and services, please visit:

Medicare Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Appeals